Myths Mini SiteEdit
Jim Goodwin, producer of the now-timeless classic, "The Fury of The Aquabats" came to us and told us he was doing a tribute to Devo compilation called, "We Are Not Devo" (as if the world needed another "Tribute To" record or compilation album.) Mark Mothersbaugh apparently hated the chosen title of the record. He preferred "Stick a Fork In It." Anyway, we were a little confused because we felt that by already being compared to Devo so often, an appearance on such a compilation might seem like another lame attempt by a bunch of posers (see the Clash tribute album). It finally came down to the fact that, whatever, we like Devo, let's do it. We couldn't decide what song to do, because of obvious reasons, we like them all. Plus, Don Knotts Overdrive already took "Snowball" (which by the way, is the best song on the comp). We decided on "Love Without Anger", because we liked the video (i.e. The Magic Chicken). We went for the Tex-Mex Mariachi stylee, because we were into that style of music at the time (See, K-Buena). Anyway, here it is. Pick up the compilation and buy Devo records. They're good.
- Love without anger
- He picked up the phone and took the call
- A long distance voice just started to bawl
- I dont care if you feel small
- Love without anger isnt love at all
- Why cant you have your cake and eat it too
- Why believe in things that make it tough on you
- Why scream and cry when you know its through
- Why fall in love when theres better things to do
- Barbie and ken in a great big fight
- Seems ken forgot to make it home one night
- You know what you are seeing simply cant be right
- Looks like loves bark is worse than its bite
- He was young and in love
- So he just couldnt see
- And it compelled him to ask
- Are you kidding me?
- You must be kidding me!
- Love without teardrops isnt the same
- He asked to be counted out of her game
- She thought it him who was so insane
- Love is what it does by any other name
- This song was originally preformed by DEVO.
- The Aquabats covered it for the DEVO tribute album "We Are Not DEVO".