The Aquabats (often written as The Aquabats!) are an American rock band formed in 1994 in Huntington Beach, California and currently recording for Fearless records. They have released six full-length studio albums (the newest, Hi-Five Soup!, in 2011) and 2 EPs and have toured internationally. They are best known for their legend!!, in which they claim to be superheroes on a quest to save the world from evil through music. As a part of this legend, the band members have superhero names and dress in matching costumes. Their electric live show often includes onstage "battles" with evil foes, and the band has built up an elaborate and ever awesome backstory of their origins and adventures, along with a roster of allies and enemies. The Aquabats roster includes JImmy the Robot, Ricky Fitness, Eagle Bones Falconhawk, MC Bat Commander and Crash Mclarson. This Roster has stayed the same since 2006.
The group's lineup has fluctuated significantly throughout their career, with founding members The MC Bat Commander and Crash McLarson as regular fixtures. Jimmy the Robot has also remained a longtime member, having joined the band in 1996. The Aquabats' early work was heavily rooted in the third wave of ska music with touches of surf and punk rock. Over the years their music shifted towards more synthesizer-based rock with a new wave influence. Their current style blends elements of rock and roll, pop-punk, ska, and synthpop. They have coined the term for their own brand of music as "aquabeat".
*Fun Fact Travis Barker from Blink 182 and 44+ fame was the drummer of the band in 1996 to 1998.
The Aquabats are:
- The M.C. Bat Commander (Christian Jacobs) – vocals (1994–present)
- Crash McLarson (Chad Larson) – bass guitar, backing vocals (1994–present)
- Jimmy the Robot (James Briggs) – keyboards, various brass and wind instruments, backing vocals (1997–present)
- Ricky Fitness (Richard Falomir) – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2002–present)
- Eagle "Bones" Falconhawk (Ian Fowles) – guitar, backing vocals (2006–present)
- Gumby (Matt Van Gundy) – guitar (1994–1995)
- Nacho (Chad Parkin) – keyboards (1994–1996)
- Roddy B. (Rod Arellano) – drums (1994–1996)
- Ben the Brain (Ben Bergeson) – guitar (1994–1996)
- John Pantle - Trombone (1995-1996)
- Brian Croxall – trombone (1996)
- Jeffery McFerson – trombone (1995)
- The Baron von Tito (Travis Barker) – drums, percussion (1996–1998)
- Ultra Kyu/The Mysterious Kyu (Charles Gray) – various string instruments, synthesizer, backing vocals (1994–2000)
- Catboy (Boyd Terry) – various brass instruments, backing vocals (1994–2002)
- Doctor Rock (Gabe Palmer) – drums (1998–2002)
- Prince Adam (Adam Deibert) – trumpet, synthesizer, guitar, backing vocals, hand accompaniment (1994–2004)
- Chainsaw the Prince of Karate (Courtney Pollock) – guitar (1995–2006)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|